- Site: Fort McMurray
- Travel: Paid to and from site
- Schedule: 7 days on 7 days off
- Compensation: Benefits include, RRSP, Health & Dental, Vacation Pay
Sigma Power, or Stuart Olson Tech Services, is headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, and provides a full range of technical services on equipment ranging from 480V to 500KV. Our team of highly trained personnel deliver our services with a strong focus on safety, quality and productivity. We provide value-add services to Utility, Industrial and Commercial clients. Tech Services is fully integrated within the E/I & HV Stuart Olson portfolio, allowing Stuart Olson to maximize value creation for our clients.
Why Work for Us
Sigma Power is currently hiring a Power System Technician to work a 7 days on, 7 days off schedule. If you value work life balance and working half the year this is an excellent opportunity.
- Commissions, maintains, services and repairs client’s electrical distribution equipment at all voltages including but not limited to: Transformers, Protective Relays, Cabling, Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, Motor Control Centers and Motors.
- Participates in ILP investigations, HAZOPS and Job Safety Analysis.
- Prepares and issues technical reports including providing recommendations.
- Seeks value-add opportunities with clients such as potential repairs or upgrades.
- Provides support to other staff in resolving technical issues.
- Provides mentorship and support to junior employees.
- Acts as an ambassador for Safety and Quality at all times.
- Certified as an Electrical Engineering Technologist, Electrical Engineer, Power Systems Electrician or Journeyman Electrician
- 5+ years’ experience in Electrical Commissioning and Maintenance
- Strong working knowledge in operating various test apparatus for acceptance and maintenance testing
- Knowledge of formal Management of Change (MOC) processes
- Registration with applicable Professional Association in good standing
- Experience in Project Management or leading a team considered an asset
- Ability to forge, grow and maintain positive relationships
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities; capable of handling pressure and challenges
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and prioritization of work to achieve them
- Strong critical thinking, troubleshooting, presentation and problem-solving skills
Safety, sustainability, collaboration, and integrity are core company values that encourage innovation and make a lasting difference in meeting the goals of our stakeholders and the communities in which we operate. We strongly support and encourage employees to get involved and give back in their local communities. We expect our employees to bring their best to work every day and in return, management recognizes and rewards employees for their valued contribution through competitive compensation, robust benefits, health and wellness programs, and learning development opportunities.
Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Unsolicited resumes and phone inquiries from 3rd party agencies will not be accepted.