Our Offer to You:
- Site: Wood Buffalo Region
- Schedule: 7 on, 7 off, 11.5 hours/day
- Accommodations: Camp accommodations provided, Flights provided from Edmonton or Calgary hubs
- Compensation: Competitive Wages
- Qualifications: Journeyperson Ticket, CSTS 09 or CSO or OSSA BSO or PST
Why Work For Us:
Stuart Olson is currently seeking Journeyperson Ironworkers to join our team at our client site in the Wood Buffalo Region for a project starting various start dates in March 2024 until end of June 2024. Camp accommodations provided for a delightful stay and flights are provided from Edmonton and Calgary.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, quality and production capabilities and is above industry average.
Reporting to the Foreman, the Journeyperson Ironworker will be responsible for:
- Synthesizing information from a variety of sources, including blueprints, plans and written specifications, in order to select proper materials and the needed amounts for a project
- Using details from written plans and instructions from supervisors in order to securely bolt metal structures like beams and columns together
- Transporting heavy metal pieces from the ground level to a higher location using tools like cranes or working with other team members to help position pieces correctly
- Building steel structural pieces and components when working on a project that involves a large structure like a commercial building, a bridge, a highway, or other public works project
- Ensuring proper placement, balance, and alignment of structural pieces by using levels, laser tools or plumb bobs
- Transforming metal pieces into functional elements that meet the guidelines of the project by cutting materials and using fabrication techniques
- Accessing challenging work positions that are either at elevation or otherwise difficult to reach while following the proper provincial regulations
- Journeyperson Ironworker ticket or Apprentice ID
- Rigging work experience, preferred
- Structural work experience, preferred
- Common Safety Orientation (CSO) or CSTS 09 and WHMIS, Mandatory
- Able to work under SBA mask preferred
- Pre-Access Drug and Alcohol testing
- Working at heights
- Working in a confined space
- Working in and around noise and dust
- Working both indoors and outdoors in hot and cold weather conditions
- Must be clean shaven
- Personal safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots,
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 lbs. with assistance
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects
Who We Are
Stuart Olson has been positively impacting the businesses we serve, the communities in which we operate, and the lives we touch since 1911. Our rich history demonstrates our reach and diversity as an integrated, full service organization serving the commercial and industrial markets.
Specializing in Turnaround and Maintenance services in the Industrial sector, Stuart Olson has proudly served the Canadian construction industry for over 100 years. We deliver confidence through a client-centered approach that ensures the highest quality of service, reducing risk, and delivering results.
While we welcome all applications, only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Unsolicited resumes and phone inquiries from 3rd party agencies will not be accepted.