Our Offer to You:
- Location: Northern and Central Alberta (various sites)
- Start Date: March 2024
- End Date: June 2024
- Travel: Flights provided from Edmonton and Calgary Hubs (Northern AB only)
- Travel Pay: Flat rate based on home province (for turnaround only)
- Schedule: Various, Pre-turnaround 4&3, Beginning March 10&4, 6&1 turnaround
- Accommodations: Camp Provided (Northern AB Only)
- LOA: Provided to Red Deer sites only
- Compensation: Competitive wages, Vacation Pay, DSP’s accepted
Why Work For Us:
Stuart Olson is searching for HSE Professionals to join our dynamic team at various client sites in Northern and Central Alberta. Flights from Edmonton and Calgary Hubs plus Travel Allowance Program available for out of province candidates. Camp accommodations and LOA.
Competitive wages, benefits eligible positions, apply today!
- Collaboratively work with site leadership to develop and facilitate an overall proactive safety culture on the work site.
- Act as a resource to field personnel to provide coaching, mentoring, and advice on all HSE related matters.
- Ensure hazards associated with the work site are identified, documented, and controlled.
- Ensure all incidents on the worksite are reported, investigated and documented in accordance with SOI and client requirements, and corrective action plans are implemented.
- Develop and maintain an HSE Communication Bulletin Board to ensure required documentation is readily available for review.
- Ensure that safety equipment and required personal protective equipment is in place as required, and any equipment with deficiencies is removed from service and repaired or replaced.
- Maintain detailed corrective action logs and ensure deficiencies are followed up on in a timely manner with the assistance of site supervision.
- Assist leadership in daily toolbox and weekly safety meetings and assists action items brought up in the HSE meetings as required.
- Ensure SOI and client safe work practices, policies, and procedures are reviewed regularly through toolbox and shift safety meetings.
- Maintain field presence and documents daily observations – 85% of each day.
- Review field level hazard assessments, hazard identification, observation, and inspection forms daily to ensure completion and accuracy.
- Liaise between client and crew to discuss HSE concerns.
- Perform work site inspections in accordance with SOI and client requirements.
- Participate in ongoing training initiatives.
- Other responsibilities as requested by the site management.
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) designation
- 1 year OH&S Certificate; OHS diploma or degree in Occupational Health & Safety preferred
- Accreditation as an OH&S Professional – CRSP, CSP or NEBOSH preferred
- NCSO plus other post-secondary education considered an asset
- 3-5 years’ HSE experience
- Turnaround experience is an asset
- H2S Alive
- TapRoot Cause Analysis Training an asset
- Ability to inspire trust in difficult situations by instilling confidence and engaging people on matters that affect them
- Ability to lead and operate within an environment where change happens frequently
- Commitment to hiring, mentoring, training, and retaining a focused team; the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly
- Strong leadership capability as evidenced by demonstrable success in team/collaborative work environments
- Ability to forge, grow and maintain positive relationships with multiple groups
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities; capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic business environment
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and prioritization of work to achieve them
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- Pre-Access Drug and Alcohol test
- Working in and around noise and dust
- Working both indoors and outdoors in hot and cold weather conditions
- Personal safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots,
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to stand, crouch, and kneel for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
- Climbing stairs/ladders regularly
- Exposure to hazards such as heights, power tools, slips, falls, falling objects, and sharp hand tools
Who We Are
Stuart Olson has been positively impacting the businesses we serve, the communities in which we operate, and the lives we touch since 1911. Our rich history demonstrates our reach and diversity as an integrated, full service organization serving the commercial and industrial markets.
Specializing in Turnaround and Maintenance services in the Industrial sector, Stuart Olson has proudly served the Canadian construction industry for over 100 years. We deliver confidence through a client-centered approach that ensures the highest quality of service, reducing risk, and delivering results.
While we welcome all applications, only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Unsolicited resumes and phone inquiries from 3rd party agencies will not be accepted.